Is That A Real-Life Photo Or A Model?
Got pointed to the Country Gate (the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway in 009 scale) site today – or rather specifically the Making Buildings From Foamboard page featuring some absolutely fantastic model buildings and a great tutorial by Emmanuel Nouaillier; it’s all part of the site’s general tutorial on Realistic Model Buildings. There’s some great stuff here and well worth a look!
(County Gate is a narrow gauge model in 009 of a fictitious extension of the 2 foot narrow gauge Lynton and Barnstable Railway through the East Lyn Valley to Minehead in the UK).
More Like This:
- The Siborne “Small” Model The Siborne “Small” Model shows the area around the Brussels-Wavre crossroads including the farm of La Haye Sainte where, during the second phase of the...
- Some 20mm Eastern Front Buildings Arrive… Right now my 20mm WW2 & Modern era buildings are rather bare on the ground – I have a couple of very nice larger 15mm...
- More 20mm Eastern Front Buildings Following on from my order from Lancer Miniatures I previously posted about, as mentioned I had ordered buildings from several other manufacturers as well, and...
- When You’ve Stuffed Up Varnishing That Model! Try out the suggestion from the “Nice Manners For A Thief” blog’s “How to save your dipped models from the dreaded Dullcote Frost“. Frosting (or...
- A Wonderful 28mm Château d’Hougoumont I’ve recently been talking to Tony Won (a wargamer & historian in Belgium) about various things Dutch-Belgian and Hundred Days related – Tony is a...
20 Nov 2013, 10:12 am UTC Normandy Buildings magnificant Tabletop houses :)
22 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm UTC Order from the Flag Dude Arrives Hi Ilya - yes they are printed on paper that has then been treated (moistened) to get the blowing in the wind effect and I think given a matt varni...
22 Aug 2013, 1:19 am UTC Order from the Flag Dude Arrives What are they made of? Paper?
30 Jul 2013, 10:32 am UTC Getting My 28mm ACW Underway Great to hear John.
22 Jul 2013, 4:09 am UTC Getting My 28mm ACW Underway The book project is going very well, just helped Don complete a new book on Commandoes, editing a naval wargaming book by Phil Dunn
16 Jul 2013, 8:49 pm UTC Combat Tanks Collection 1-7 Hi Daniel - yes they are pretty good - not quite up to Dragon Armor or Easy Model standard, but not far off. And you can always super detail them y...
- 18th Century (10)
- American Civil War (20)
- American Old West (3)
- Ancient & Medieval (14)
- Colonial & Pulp (55)
- English Civil War (1)
- Fantasy & Sci-Fi (2)
- Napoleonic 1789-1815 (29)
- News/Resources/Reviews (68)
- WW1 The Great War (11)
- WW2 to Today (56)